Silver and copper jewellery box with hallmarks for A.E. Jones, Birmingham,  1905. The box has a domed silver lid with a centrally mounted Ruskin ceramic roundel. The box has an inscription inside the lid which has obviously been added some time after the box was made (1926). The box is fitted with a wooden liner, probably cedar wood. It is likely that this box was originally velvet lined. 

This box is pictured on page 8 & 9 of "Collecting by Design - Silver & Metalwork of the Twentieth Century from the collection of Margot Walsh". Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Published 2008. The box pictured is identical but hallmarked for 1902 which shows that this was a very early design by A. E. Jones.

All images used courtesy of Gordon Fleming at Silverdealer (www.silverdealer.co.uk).

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Dimensions
Width = 5 1/2"
Depth = 4 1/2"
Height = 4"